Search This Blog

Monday, December 14, 2009

This is my first blog, I am very excited. That being said, please hang in there with me! First I want to thank my friends, Karrie, Cheryl, Nun and EZ for encouraging me to do this. I also want to thank them for being such great friends. Wow, we have had a blast together getting the hiatus project together and just being silly. I have loved every minute of it. And I sincerely love each of them. I know for certain that God brings people together. He knew I needed these wonderful souls, and he provided. Gotta love his ingenious use of Twitter!

I realize I talk a lot about my son Brian on line a lot, for obvious reasons I am extra proud of him. But I thought I would try using this blog to talk more about me and what goes on in my life and goofy head! It might get boring, if so, I will resort back to my kids!

So, here goes!
I am the only daughter and youngest child, I blame my wild side on my birth order! I have three big brothers that I love and respect very much. I have always looked up to them, even when they were beating up my boyfriends and telling on me. My dad was a marine for 27 years, we moved A LOT. My mom was sick my entire life, she had a rare disease and was in the hospital sometimes for what I think was years, but I dont know if it just seemed that way to me. But when she was well, boy was she a great mom! When she was sick, my brothers had the job of "mom", mostly my brother Scott. He seems to be the caretaker of the family. He takes that role very seriously! My mom died when I was 23, terrible loss, to this day it breaks my heart. She loved me, so much. You could literally see her love. That's what I want for my boys, to know that love, and I hope I give that to them. My dad, well he's a carreer marine, now a Senator. Not too touchy feely, more a pat on the shoulder and a lecture kind of dude. We dont really understand each other, and I find myself very sad about that. Yes, I have dad issues! He is a wonderful man, very respected and he does so much for his state. I am proud he is my dad, I hope someday he will be proud of me.

That's the base I come from. I like to think of my life as a sort of sections. Each section adding to the next, building. A work in progress!
Next blog, I will attempt to tell you about what I label as my "middle life". Thats the getting married and having kids part!

9 comments:

  1. Woooooohooooooo you go girl, luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere!! I'm sooooo excited that you have a blog now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to learn more about you this way. Congratulations on starting your blog.
    - ChemIsTry (Joan)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to try to figure out how to follow! congrats on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great blog Sherry. I love reading it. Can't wait to read the "Malibu" blog. I still wish to squishy her. Love learning about your family. Ha, things I could tease Scott about. *evil grin*....I'll be nice..maybe. Love the blog...love you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog Sherry!!! Can't wait to read the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool Sherry!! I look foward to reading your blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely introduction....I think a lot of daughters have fathers issues...especially if they are a caraer man...sorry can't spell it...LOL

    Kriss :-)

    ReplyDelete