This is a picture of my brother Scott and my niece Brooke Louise on her wedding day. I was so happy to be there with the family, and especially my brother and sister in law Lillian. I have 3 big brothers, Billy, Lonnie and Scott. Even though Scott is the youngest of the brothers his personality is that of a leader. I tease him and call him my "Brother Mother"! My earliest memories of Scott are of him following me around protecting me from myself. Scott was always the one to be sure all of us had our clothes ready for school and our homework prepared. He was and still is our family caretaker. I adore this man. He has become the man our mom always said he would. Scott has an amazing faith in God and has allowed Jesus to rest in his heart. He follows God's teachings in everything he does. I have no idea how I got so lucky to have him as my brother. He is a gift of love to all those that have the honor to know him. Scott and Lil have been married for 29 years, they have 3 children David, Brooke and Aaron. David has a daughter Ailah and Brooke has a daughter Lilliana. Aaron is 1 week younger than my Cory and attends Ohio State. They are all some of my favorite people! Scott's home is the center of our family. Dinner's, holidays, birthdays are all shared at their home. I am always so proud to see that Scott is sure to invite those that don't have a family near to join our gatherings. His heart is kind, his love is unfailing.
Scott took my son Cory into his heart and home when Cory needed leadership and structure. I cannot begin to explain how much this gift of kindness has meant to me. Cory is thriving in Ohio with my brothers influences. He has become the kind gentle soul that God intended. I owe Scott my unending gratitude for all he has done for my Cory. I will never be able to thank him enough.
And to top it all off, Scott is so handsome! And yeah, he knows it!
I wish I could have had a brother. Scott sounds like someone a sister can always count on. A true good soul. Cory is lucky, I am so happy for all of you. The generosity of one, blesses all.
ReplyDeleteI love your blog mf, thank you for allowing everyone to share the special people and moments in your life.
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome family you have.
ReplyDelete