Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Missy Project

I went to Ohio recently for spring break. My sister in law Lillian loaned me a book that I loved and feel the need to share with you! It is "The Shack" by Wm. Paul Young. The website for more information is
www.theshackbook.com

It's worth the read, actually it's worth a couple of reads! I found that I had to read a chapter twice before moving on. There are a lot of words and relationships in this book that often mean something different the second time you read it.
This book is a fiction, to be sure. But it is also about the love that God has for us. It takes the route that religion and rules are completely manmade and not in God's plan. Hard for many to stomach im sure, but I quite like the idea that God is only concerned with his relationship to us. How we go about getting to that relationship is unique and can never be dictated or put into a box of normal.
More important to me was the working through of the "Great Sadness". Thankfully I have never experienced the tragedy the main character has. But the sadness I have is still life altering and needs to be worked through.
I know everybody has these life changing events. I know that without God these events continue to torment the soul. I would encourage each of you to read this book. It is in no way "preachy" or over the top Christian. But it does show in a very cool way what your life can be like with God by your side. And it gives you reason to believe, not just in yourself, but in the strength of God's overwhelming love for us.

I don't know if this does the book justice. I hope it does! I have read it 3 times since in 3 weeks!

This is me with taking baby steps to trust that God's love is sufficient.

Sher

No comments:

Post a Comment